I’ve spoken with a couple of market researchers over the past week and I demoed Mekko Graphics to them. They pushed me to think about which Mekko Graphics features and chart types would be most useful for marketing professionals. My focus is on market researchers, marketing analytics managers, category managers and product managers at both consumer packaged goods companies and other manufacturers and services firms. I created the presentation below to highlight the key features. Here is a quick summary:
- cascade charts show the factors that caused an increase in revenue from year-to-year.
- growth lines and CAGR columns highlight overall growth and growth by product line, channel or industry vertical
- bar comparison lines focus attention on changes between two specific time periods
- axis breaks allow you to collapse outlier data and highlight the most relevant changes
- Marimekko charts map markets along two dimensions (e.g., revenue by competitor and region).
I hope you find the presentation helpful. Let me know if there’s anything I forgot.
You can view and download the presentation here: