Apple’s revenue from services is growing faster than its product revenue. Services revenue has reached $50B, which is 19% of total, as shown in this line and stacked bar chart. Apple's total revenue for the 12 months ending in Q2 2020 was $268B. Products accounted for 81% or $218B and services the other 19% and $50B. Product revenue grew at a 4% annual rate over the past 4 years. Over the same time period, services revenue grew at a 24% CAGR. Data are from Apple financial reports.
Apple Services Revenue in a Line and Stacked Bar Chart
How I Made this Line Chart with Segment Comparisons and Stacked Bar Chart with CAGR Column
Here is the services revenue and product revenue data I used to create these charts:
Here's how I made the line chart on the left:
- create a half slide chart in PowerPoint, set the type to line chart
- type in services revenue data above
- use Bars and Series to hide product revenue line and cagr column
- show values on line and format for $B
- add line markers and set line and marker color
- adjust internal chart margins to minimize white space around chart
- change y axis maximum, add y axis title and hide labels and tick marks
- add the 4 segment comparison lines
Use the same services revenue data to make the chart on the right. It is a stacked bar with segment links and cagr column.