Line and stacked bar charts showing apple product and services revenue for last 4 years.

Apple Services Revenue Growth

Apple’s revenue from services is growing faster than its product revenue. Services revenue has reached $50B, which is 19% of total, as shown in this line and stacked bar chart. Apple's total revenue for the 12 months ending in Q2 2020 was $268B. Products accounted for 81% or $218B and services the other 19% and $50B. Product revenue grew at a 4% annual rate over the past 4 years. Over the same time period, services revenue grew at a 24% CAGR. Data are from Apple financial reports.

 Apple Services Revenue in a Line and Stacked Bar Chart

Line and stacked bar charts showing apple product and services revenue for last 4 years.

How I Made this Line Chart with Segment Comparisons and Stacked Bar Chart with CAGR Column

Here is the services revenue and product revenue data I used to create these charts:

Line and stacked bar charts showing apple product and services revenue for last 4 years.

Here's how I made the line chart on the left:

  • create a half slide chart in PowerPoint, set the type to line chart
  • type in services revenue data above
  • use Bars and Series to hide product revenue line and cagr column 
  • show values on line and format for $B
  • add line markers and set line and marker color
  • adjust internal chart margins to minimize white space around chart
  • change y axis maximum, add y axis title and hide labels and tick marks
  • add the 4 segment comparison lines

Use the same services revenue data to make the chart on the right. It is a stacked bar with segment links and cagr column.

Take This Chart and Make It Your Own

Download this wealth gap chart and edit it using Mekko Graphics. See more line charts in our chart gallery. Here are some other charts that may be of interest: