Microsoft, Amazon and Google each reported significant growth in quarterly cloud revenue, as shown in these bar charts that are based on company data for the quarter ending June 30, 2020. Year over year growth rates were 17% for Microsoft's Intelligent Cloud segment, 29% for Amazon Web Services and 43% for Google Cloud.
Microsoft's cloud revenue reached $13.4B in the quarter ending June 30, 2020 and made up 35% of company revenue. Amazon's reached $10.8B which was 12% of revenue. Google Cloud was $3B and 8% of the company's revenue.
Microsoft, Amazon and Google Cloud Revenue Growth in Bar Charts with Growth Line and Data Row
How I Made these Cloud Revenue Bar Charts
Here is the Microsoft cloud revenue data I used to create the chart on the left:
Here's how I made the Microsoft bar bar chart:
- create a stacked bar chart in PowerPoint and shrink its container to 1/3 slide size
- enter data as above in the Mekko Graphics Data Editor
- use Bars and Series dialog to set % of total revenue as data row that is formatted as a percentage
- add Microsoft Intelligent Cloud as y axis title and 3 months ending as x axis title
- hide all aspects of x and y axis, except y axis title
- uncheck Autowrap to display % of total revenue on one line
- add the growth line
- adjust the chart margins
Make a copy of this chart to create the Amazon chart, update the data, show the x axis title, hide the data row label and change the chart color. Repeat for Google Cloud.