Mobile accounted for 65% of the $107.5B internet ad revenue in 2018, as shown in this 100% stacked bar chart. Spending is slightly higher in the second half of the year, with H2 contributing 54%. The top 10 companies control ¾ of spend and the next 15 added another 7%. Search is the most popular advertising format. It accounted for 45% of the total ad revenue. It was followed by banner ads (31%) and video (15%). Data are from the IAB Internet Advertising Revenue Report.
Internet Advertising Revenue Profile in a 100% Stacked Bar Chart
How I Made This Internet Advertising Profile 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Data for this internet advertising profile chart are presented below:
There is a column for each bar and a distinct set of rows for the data for each column.
Here's how I made the internet advertising 100% stacked bar chart:
- input internet advertisindata by retyping from the IAB report, converting percentages to dollars when needed
- show series labels with values and percentages
- format the values with $B and one decimal place and format percentages to appear on separate line
- add y axis title
- hide y axis line, tick marks and labels and x axis line
- adjust internal chart margins to make chart fill most of container
- reduce bar gaps
- adjust colors so that each bar uses shades of different color