Most of the 3+ billion internet unconnected are in Asia and Africa. Regional adoption rates vary widely, from 71% in Eastern Asia to 24% in Eastern Africa, as shown in this 100% stacked bar chart with data column. Data on the internet unconnected come from Digital 2021: Global Overview Report.
Internet Unconnected in a 100% Stacked Bar Chart with Data Column
Why Use a 100% Stacked Bar Chart with Data Column
The 100% stacked bar chart is an alternative to the pie chart for this data. I think it is easier to compare segment sizes in a 100% stacked bar chart. It's also easier to add supplemental information in a data column. Finally, you can show information more compactly in a 100% stacked bar chart than in a pie chart.
How I Made this Internet Unconnected 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Here is the data I used to create the 100% stacked bar chart:
Here's how I made the chart:
- copy the internet unconnected data from Digital 2021: Global Overview Report into Excel
- create a 100% stacked bar chart in PowerPoint from the Excel data
- use Bars and Series to set adoption rate as a data column and set format to percentage
- add the total value to the data column in Bars and Series, Bars, Visibility tab
- show values and calculated percentage labels in the segments of all bars and add M units to segment values and bar total
- adjust segment colors, internal chart margins and bar gaps
Take This Chart and Make It Your Own
Download this chart and edit it using Mekko Graphics. See more bar charts in our chart gallery. Here are some other charts that may be of interest: