Footwear accounts for more than twice the Nike brand revenue as apparel and men’s products more than women’s and kids combined. This 100% stacked bar chart profiles Nike revenue by product category, consumer type, channel and region.
Direct to consumer sales makes up 35% of Nike brand revenue when compared to sales to wholesale customers. North America is the largest region, making up 41% of revenue. Data came from Nike annual report.
Nike Brand Revenue Profile in a 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Why Use a 100% Stacked Bar Chart for Nike Brand Revenue Profile
The 100% stacked bar chart shows Nike brand revenue percentage breakdown along several different dimensions in the same chart. It is a more compact and efficient way to show this than a series of pie charts. The relative segment sizes across dimensions are also easily comparable. The chart creates a profile and serves as a compliment to the Nike revenue breakdown Marimekko chart which can show revenue breakdown along two dimensions and includes the interaction among the dimensions.
How I Made this 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Here is the Nike brand revenue data I used to create the 100% stacked bar chart:
Here's how I made the Marimekko chart:
- create a 100% stacked bar chart in PowerPoint and enter the Nike brand revenue data from the Nike annual report into the Mekko Graphics Data Editor
- Sort series with biggest on bottom in each bar and apply custom sort to bars to set them in the order above
- designate Others as the "Other Series" so that it appears on top of the Product Line bar
- show series names and percentages in segment labels and format percentages to hide the ()
- hide bar totals
- color segments to make each bar in shades of a different color
- adjust margins