Nike Brand Revenue Profile
Footwear accounts for more than twice the Nike brand revenue as apparel and men’s products more than women’s and kids combined. This 100% stacked bar chart profiles Nike revenue by product category, consumer type, channel and region.
Direct to consumer sales makes up 35% of Nike brand revenue when compared to sales to wholesale customers. North America is the largest region, making up 41% of revenue. Data came from Nike annual report.
Nike Brand Revenue Profile in a 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Why Use a 100% Stacked Bar Chart for Nike Brand Revenue Profile
The 100% stacked bar chart shows Nike brand revenue percentage breakdown along several different dimensions in the same chart. It is a more compact and efficient way to show this than a series of pie charts. The relative segment sizes across dimensions are also easily comparable. The chart creates a profile and serves as a compliment to the Nike revenue breakdown Marimekko chart which can show revenue breakdown along two dimensions and includes the interaction among the dimensions.
How I Made this 100% Stacked Bar Chart
Here is the Nike brand revenue data I used to create the 100% stacked bar chart:
Here's how I made the Marimekko chart:
- create a 100% stacked bar chart in PowerPoint and enter the Nike brand revenue data from the Nike annual report into the Mekko Graphics Data Editor
- Sort series with biggest on bottom in each bar and apply custom sort to bars to set them in the order above
- designate Others as the "Other Series" so that it appears on top of the Product Line bar
- show series names and percentages in segment labels and format percentages to hide the ()
- hide bar totals
- color segments to make each bar in shades of a different color
- adjust margins
Take This Chart and Make It Your Own
Download this chart and edit it using Mekko Graphics. See more bar charts in our chart gallery. Here are some other charts that may be of interest: