Incoho Saves $35 million with Mekko Graphics charts
Operating since 2001, Incoho is headquartered in Chicago, IL. Incoho Consulting Group provides strategy and operational consulting to large U.S. utilities.
“Mekko Graphics’ Marimekko charts helped us show senior management where most of their expenses were. They were aware of absolute spending amounts, but didn’t have a good picture of relative spending by department and budget item. Once they saw the charts, light bulbs went on. We were able to recommend $35 million in cost savings.”
--Matthew Ward, Incoho Consulting Group.
- Incoho Consulting Group was engaged by a large gas and electric company to significantly reduce operations and maintenance costs.
- Consultants required market maps to chart expenses across departments and expense categories.
- Interview managers and gather data on expenses across departments, developing a consistent categorization scheme.
- Create Marimekko charts to illustrate what was being spent in different areas of the company.
- Develop a presentation to senior management that highlights spending and suggests cost savings.
Success / Highlights:
- Marimekko charts showed senior management the relative amounts being spent by department and expense category.
- Charts helped the consultants get buy-in for the proposed changes.
- Recommendations resulted in $35 million in cost savings over two years.