Incoho Saves $35 million with Mekko Graphics charts
“Mekko Graphics’ Marimekko charts helped us show senior management where most of their expenses were. They were aware of absolute spending amounts, but didn’t have a good picture of relative spending by department and budget item. Once they saw the charts, light bulbs went on. We were able to recommend $35 million in cost savings.”
--Matthew Ward, Incoho Consulting Group.
- Incoho Consulting Group was engaged by a large gas and electric company to significantly reduce operations and maintenance costs.
- Consultants required market maps to chart expenses across departments and expense categories.
- Interview managers and gather data on expenses across departments, developing a consistent categorization scheme.
- Create Marimekko charts to illustrate what was being spent in different areas of the company.
- Develop a presentation to senior management that highlights spending and suggests cost savings.
Success / Highlights:
- Marimekko charts showed senior management the relative amounts being spent by department and expense category.
- Charts helped the consultants get buy-in for the proposed changes.
- Recommendations resulted in $35 million in cost savings over two years.