Tesla vehicle production increased 113% per year over the last 5 years, as shown in this stacked bar chart. Growth in 2017 came from increased production of the more expensive models S/X. With the introduction of the less costly models 3/Y, growth continues from 2018-2020. Tesla vehicle production in 2020 surpassed 500,000 with models 3/Y accounting for 89% of cars produced.
Tesla Vehicle Production in a Stacked Bar Chart with Growth Line and Data Rows
How I Made this Tesla Vehicle Production Trend Stacked Bar Chart
Here is the data I used to create the chart:
The data for this chart which was extracted from company financial data.
Here's how I made the Tesla vehicle production stacked bar chart:
- create a stacked bar chart in PowerPoint and enter the data as above into the Mekko Graphics Data Editor
- in Format Bars and Series dialog specify that rows 5, 6 and 7 are data rows that are formatted as percentages
- uncheck Autowrap to show data row labels on one line
- show labels containing value and percentage in all bars and hide the labels in the 2016 and 2017 bars
- add the y axis title, hide other y axis features and x axis line and adjust bar gaps
- add growth line and show as CAGR
- adjust internal margins and y axis maximum
- add legend and move to top of chart